Friday, May 4, 2012

A New Notebook

 Poetry Friday is hosted by Wild Rose Reader!


A Notebooks First Page

Hush
The thoughts are coming,
I hear them on their way.

Like butterflies
migrating
Not promising to stay.

Here they are
arriving
Imprinted on the page.

Words fluttering
then settling
Now permanently placed.



I got a new purse the other day. As I was un-filling the old and filling up the new I realized there was no way my current notebook was going to fit. Oh no...or...wait, a new notebook!!!  And off to the bookstore I went to peruse the newest selection of compact notebooks. Then, there is sat, in my new purse, for a week, no words.  Hmmmm. I was a bit perplexed, that first page is always so important, what will it say. Then it hit me, so I wrote. And now, my notebook is officially broken in and ready for action!





(Notebook scribbles...I don't keep it pretty)!

No comments:

Post a Comment