Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall Morning

Looking out
my eyes scan the panoramic views.

I see you holding up the tree tops
creating islands in your mist.
The streaming yellow glow
as the light cuts you and crinkles my temples.
Burning your cottony color
you churn as I wind down the road
through the clouds of fall mornings.
Leaf puddles splatter and swirl.
I watch the waves of you roll by
as my day begins and you wisp away.






I hope everyone has a peaceful Poetry Friday.
Read more poetry with Marjorie from Paper Tigers.

2 comments:

  1. Love the feelings you are sharing as you drive. We have those almost only in the mountains, where I'm going for a long drive on Sunday! This line, 'Leaf puddles splatter and swirl.' is gorgeous Betsy. Leaf puddles is just perfect! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your autumnal mornings - I love the last line, which leaves the ephemeral nature of the morning, and all time, hanging...

    ReplyDelete